August 19, 2008

Tunes @ Work; Opus 1, No. 9

Well, I've decided to link the songs on my lists to iTunes whenever they are available. If you're ever interested in hearing the songs I can't link, shoot me an email or add a comment and I'll see what I can do for you. Enjoy!

07/30/2008

  • Radiohead - Pablo Honey - LurgeeLurgee - Radiohead; Pablo Honey
  • It Ain't the Money - Beck; Live with Macy Gray
  • Remy Zero - Villa Elaine - Goodbye Little WorldGoodbye Little World - Remy Zero; Villa Elaine
  • Rape Me - Nirvana; All Acoustically
  • Thunderclap Newman - Something In the Air - Something In the AirSomething in the Air - Thunderclap Newman; Almost Famous Soundtrack
  • Brett Dennen - So Much More (Special Edition) - She's MineShe's Mine - Brett Dennen; So Much More (Special Edition)
  • The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle - Marking TimeMarking Time - The Olivia Tremor Control; Music from the Unrealized Film Script, Dusk at Cubist Castle
  • Angie - The Rolling Stones; Forty Licks
  • Randy Newman - Good Old Boys - MarieMarie - Randy Newman; Good Old Boys
  • Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - Miles Runs the Voodoo DownMiles Runs the Voodoo Down - Miles Davis; Bitches Brew
  • Tom Petty - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: Greatest Hits - I Won't Back DownI Won't Back Down - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers; Greatest Hits
  • Bob Dylan - Modern Times - Beyond the HorizonBeyond the Horizon - Bob Dylan; Modern Times
  • Within You, Without You - The Beatles; Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow - 4000 Miles4000 Miles - Blackalicious; Blazing Arrow
  • Paul McCartney - Chaos and Creation In the Backyard - Fine LineFine Line - Paul McCartney; Chaos and the Creation in the Backyard

2 comments:

CorrND said...

I need to check in here more often!

As for suggestions, definitely just write about whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want. That way, if expectations ever rise for the blog, you'll still be having fun with it.

For the layout of your blog, the only thing I would suggest is adding a Recent Comments sidebar. Then if someone writes a comment about an old post, people will still see it (otherwise it's completely buried). I was going to comment right on your suggestions post but figured I should post here so you're sure to see it. Just google "blogger recent comments" and it's pretty easy to do.

4 months and 23 posts -- you've already lasted longer than most people that start blogs!

Alan Maginn said...

Thanks Corr. I started looking at apps and tools the other day when Google posted something on the Blogger homepage but there was too much to look at and not enough time. I'll definitely add the Recent Comments sidebar. Anything I should add? I'd also be curious to hear what you think about the general layout/format/design.

I thought about a potential post series you might be interested in. I was thinking about using the blog to post music clips and then see what people might do with them. Obviously going to need a larger readership (especially of music geeks) for that to be successful but its an idea. Let me know what you think --- in the meantime, I'm probably going to reach out to KBruce and see what he thinks.